Birth is something that many people look at as very sacred and beautiful, while others sometimes may think it is a disgusting and fearful process. When ever childbirth is discussed, the conversation is mostly focused on the energy of the entire situation. Such as how painful, dangerous and even sometimes how exciting it may be. When pregnancy is talked about in a conversation things such as the mother having to be rushed to the hospital in a taxi cab is often bought up, the father having to rush to the hospital from his job is also something that many individuals may say represents a lot of childbirth situations. The whole idea that you never know when the baby is exactly coming seems very exciting. You can be anywhere in the world at anytime, but when the baby feels like coming out than you have to anything in your power to get to an a hospital and deliver. Rarely do I hear the negative aspects of child birth being discussed. Such as how painful and dangerous it can be. People hardly ever discuss how women sometimes have epidermal needles to help cope wit the pain, or how women sometimes have an episiotomy. Being that I have been around to many women that have gave birth, I am aware of these things and it makes me skeptical on the topic. Personally, I wouldn't want to watch a childbirth because I believe that if I think its seems like a disgusting scary thing, I would change my mind about wanting to have my own children. When I hear people say such things as "oh the baby is so precious," I think " but how does the mother feel" it just allows me to see two different parts of childbirth, and how many childbirths are different.
Mother's opinion on child birth: "Childbirth can be a very beautiful thing if your stable. If a person cannot handle the affects of childbirth, than the entire process probably wouldn't be as positive as it can be when a mother is actually ready for a child. You have to be mentally ready to have a child, and having support is something that can also serve as a positive aspect of child birth"
Father's opinion: "watching one child birth was enough for me! Even though it was one of the best experiences that I ever had, I wouldn't choose to do it again. Its one of those situations where you are glad you had the chance to see something so special, but afterwards you are glad that it is over with."
Sister's opinion: "Well I never really witnessed the birth of a child, but from seeing friends in the hospital after giving birth...it doesn't seem like something that anyone would fully enjoy. The aftermath of child birth is what seems to me to be the worst part. Your stomach looks awkward, body pain is frequent, and now you have the weight of a baby on your hands. The positive part of pregnancy is that you have the chance to bring life into this world, which will forever be apart of you."